Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

• Sunday, May 23rd, 2010

Follow us on Twitter Save to Google Bookmarks   Share

How to measure the water-repellency or “hydrophobicity”

The measurement that defines how water-repellent a surface is after being treated with a hydrophobic coating is called “contact angle”, also called ‘wetting angle’, which is the angle formed by the material’s surface and the tangent of the interface between the fluid (i.e.: water) and the environment at the point of contact (the glass surface for example).

Visit this Wikipedia webpage or further “contact angle” information

Read more:

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Leave a Reply